Canary Island, route GR131 in La Palma
GR131 – The best paths in La Palma in a unique long trail, the volcanoes trail and the ridge of Caldera de Taburiente
The long route GR131 in La Palma is an extreme rote that follows the ridge of the highest volcanoes and mountains of the Isla Bonita, La Palma
The GR131 from Fuencaliente to El Paso – Volcanoes trail
El Paso and the Reventón Pass
The ridge of Caldera de Taburiente
From Punta de Los Roques mountain hut, the trail follows the ridge of all the caldera de Tabutiente surrounded by small bushes during all the trail to Roque de LosMuchachos. If the weather conditions are good, from the ridge can be seen the caldera during all the trail. In Roque de Los Muchachos is settled the best astronomical observatories of the world. Many countries have its team and facilities up there. Looking at the stars from any place of La Palma is exciting but from Roque de LosMuchachos is even more incredible. From the top of the island of La Palma, for going to Tazacorte, has to be followed a path that arrives at the road that reaches the top of the summit and at the first turn to the right you will find the path that leads to the west and keeps following the ridge of Caldera de Tabutiente.
- We recommend using outdoor technical clothing with boots and not sneakers.
Weather can suddenly change, so you can also get waterproof clothing.
In case of bad weather conditions like winds up to 50km/h, fog and rain so be careful.
- For sleeping you need to get a tent and a sleeping bag.
- Along the way for a night there will be the opportunity to spend the night in a shelter.
- We recommend the use of a technical tent with pegs because during the night the wind can reach 50 km/h.
- Along the way there will be no drinking water sources.
- Then make an abundant supply of water and even food.
- The only source of water that you will meet, is at the shelter, but not being drinkable you can only use it for cooking.